EXTREME RACE REGULATION
The present regulations may be corrected, modified or improved at any time by the Organisation, as well as any other data, rule or section for the optimum running of the race. The fact of registering shows the participant’s conformity with these regulations.
These regulations will be strictly complied with by all participants in the event called HUEX EXTREMA. Any incident not covered herein will be resolved by the Jury of the HUEX EXTREMA, the Sports Director of the event, a Member of the Organization and a Representative of the Runners.
The HUEX event is organised by TerraIncognita Global SL.
The HUEX EXTREMA is a mountain biking competition that will take place in the province of Huelva.
The HUEX EXTREMA has two modalities: EXTREME and MARATHON.
The HUEX EXTREMA will take place on Saturday 25th March 2022 in the municipality of Cortegana, Huelva, with a distance of 183 kms. The START of the race is at 7:45h from the main square of Cortegana. The finish line is located in the town of Ayamonte and is open until 20:30.
The HUEX MARATHON is a less physically demanding race that will take place on Saturday 25th March 2022 in the municipality of El Granado with a distance of 77kms. The START of the race is at 10:00h from the Main Square of El Granado. The finish line is located in the municipality of Ayamonte and open until 20:30.
The HUEX EXTREMA is held with absolute respect for the environment.
Participants must respect the environment in which the event takes place and keep the surroundings clean. To this end, they must eat and drink WITHOUT LEAVING ANY CONTAINERS OUTSIDE THE CONTAINERS provided for this purpose.
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS POINT WILL RESULT IN THE IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION OF THE RUNNER, who may be disqualified by a simple statement from any member of the organising team of the Race.
Participants will be disqualified from the competition if they show violent attitudes or throw rubbish in nature. It is compulsory to respect crops, livestock and private property in general.
Participants will be responsible for any damage caused as a consequence of this type of behaviour.
It is strictly forbidden to receive external help or refreshments during the race outside the points provided by the Organization: these will coincide with the official refreshment points of the race.
Participation in the HUEX EXTREME implies being of legal age on the day of the event. In the case of the HUEX MARATHON, it is open to those over 15 years of age with parental or guardian authorisation.
Participation will be open to all those who correctly formalise both the REGISTRATION and the payment stipulated for the races.
In order to participate in HUEX Extrema you must have an annual UCI licence issued by a national cycling federation. If it is not the RFEC, you must present an identification document and authorisation from the relevant federation stating that you are covered by your country’s insurance.
In case of not having a licence, all participants must apply for a day licence provided by the Andalusian Cycling Federation at an additional cost of 10€. Participants who have a cyclotourist licence and want to qualify for classifications and prizes, must also pay for a one-day licence.
Participants who wish to take part in the Cyclotourism modality must be in possession of a Cyclotourism Licence. If they do not have such a licence, they will have to pay the one-day licence at a cost of €5.
Registration fees are published in the INSCRIPTIONS section.
Registration for the HUEX EXTREMA implies the acceptance of the rules and the adequate preparation of the participant for the event, being aware of the geographical and meteorological conditions that can be found in the environment where the event takes place. In this sense, the participant exempts the Organisation from any possible health problems that may arise from his/her participation in the HUEX EXTREMA.
The runners registered for the race understand that they participate voluntarily and under their own responsibility in the event, and therefore, exonerate the Organisation of the race from all responsibility, and agree not to denounce the organising entity, collaborators, sponsors and other participants; nor to initiate any civil liability claims against the aforementioned parties.
50% of the registration fee will be refunded without justified cause (100% in case of cancellation by Covid). The runner may take out a cancellation insurance policy at the time of registration in order to receive 100% of the registration fee in the event of cancellation.
Only requests for refunds in case of cancellation sent 15 days before the race will be accepted.
All refunds will be made within 30 days from the date of acceptance of the request.
Once the cancellation request has been made, the place becomes available to the Organisation, who will give it to the candidate who is at the top of the waiting list at that time, if there is one.
The race bib and runner’s bag can only be collected at the established place and at the scheduled times. For those runners who cannot collect their bibs on Friday, a tent will be set up in the start area to collect the bibs on Saturday from 6:30 to 7:30.
The participant will be obliged to wear the bib number during the whole race, always on the front of the bike, in a totally visible way.
Each bib is personal and non-transferable. The bib must be collected by the bib holder or by a third party as long as they present express authorisation from the bib holder and a photocopy of their ID card and/or passport.
Each participant will be assigned a bib number which will be determined randomly in all cases, except for the first numbers which will be determined by the Organisation.
The HUEX EXTREME has the following modalities:
- TEAMS 4
- RELAYS, 2 PARTICIPANTS ( 1st relay Cortegana – Paymogo, 2nd relay Paymogo – Ayamonte)
- GRAVEL (Cyclotourist)
- E- MTB (Cyclotourist)
The categories established for each modality of HUEX EXTREME will be the following:
- ABSOLUTE MALE INVIDUAL (18 years and over. 18 years of age before the celebration of the race).
- INDIVIDUAL ABSOLUTE FEMALE (18 years and over. At least 18 years old before the celebration of the race)
- ABSOLUTE MALE COUPLE (18 years and over. At least 18 years old before the celebration of the race)
- ABSOLUTE FEMALE COUPLE (18 years and over. At least 18 years old before the celebration of the race)
- MIXED ABSOLUTE COUPLE (18 years and over. At least 18 years old before the celebration of the event)
- TEAM ABSOLUTE MALE TEAM (18 years and over. At least 18 years of age before the event).
- FEMALE ABSOLUTE TEAM (18 years and over. At least 18 years old before the celebration of the race)
- MIXED ABSOLUTE TEAM (2 AND 2) (18 years and over. At least 18 years old before the celebration of the event)
- MALE ABSOLUTE RELAY (18 years and over. At least 18 years old before the celebration of the race)
- RELAY RACE ABSOLUTE FEMALE (18 years and over. At least 18 years old before the celebration of the race)
- RELAY RACE ABSOLUTE MIXED (18 years and over. At least 18 years old before the celebration of the race)
- GRAVEL – Men’s Cyclotourist (18 years and over. At least 18 years old before the celebration of the race)
- GRAVEL – Female Cyclotourist (18 years and over. At least 18 years old before the celebration of the race)
- E-MTB – Men’s Cyclotourist (18 years and over. At least 18 years old before the celebration of the race)
- E-MTB – Female Cyclotourist (18 years and over. At least 18 years of age before the event takes place)
Subcategories (INDIVIDUAL only).
- U23 MALE (18 years old to 22 years old, not turning 24 years old in the reference year).
- U23 FEMALE (18 years old to 22 years old, under 24 years old in the reference year).
- ELITE MALE (23 years old to 29 years old, having reached the age of 29 in the year of competition)
- ELITE FEMALE (23 years old to 29 years old, having reached the age of 24 in the year of competition)
- MASTER 30 MASCULINE (30 years old to 39 years old. Completed the year of the competition)
- MASTER 30 FEMALE (30 years old to 39 years old. Completed the year of the competition)
- MASTER 40 MALE (From 40 to 49 years old. Completed the year of the competition)
- MASTER 40 FEMALE (From 40 to 49 years old. Completed the year of the competition)
- MASTER 50 MASCULINE (From 50 to 59 years of age. Completed the year of the competition)
- MASTER 50 FEMALE (From 50 to 59 years old. Completed the year of the competition)
- MASTER 60 MASCULINE (From 60 years of age or older in the year of the competition)
- MASTER 60 FEMALE (From 60 years and older in the year of the competition)
The HUEX MARATHON has the following cyclotourist modalities:
The CYCLOTOURIST modality is NON COMPETITIVE, it is a promotional modality. This modality is not eligible for prizes and there will be no classification by category. There will be a list of participants in order of arrival.
Trophies will be awarded to the first three finishers in each classification, both male, female and mixed.
Non-presence at the trophy ceremony will be understood as a waiver of the trophies or prizes won. Any delegation to another person for the collection of trophies and prizes must be known and authorised by the Organisation at least 3 hours before the presentation.
It is compulsory to wear a helmet throughout the race and to carry a mobile phone with a charged battery.
In addition, the organisers recommend runners of the HUEX EXTREMA to carry the following material to be able to complete the race.
- Watertight bottles and/or bags for liquids: With a minimum total capacity of 1L.
- Sunglasses and specific gloves.
- Sun cream: Total protection.
- Electrolytes and/or mineral salts.
- Food reserve: bars, gels, fruit…
- Suitable rucksack: according to the volume of the material and the pace of the race.
- Mechanical spare parts for punctures.
- Carry cash and/or credit card for any eventualities that may occur.
- Use of a GPS device to follow the route.
The race will be contested by categories with two different starts.
For the start, different boxes will be established according to the number of participants and the type of participation.
A starting grid will be formed with the most outstanding participants at the organisation’s discretion.
For the RELAYS modality, the second member of the team will have to wait for his team-mate in the place reserved for this purpose located near the refreshment point in the town of Paymogo. It is forbidden to pass the baton with the bicycles in motion.
The race route will be signposted with lime, marker tape and specific signage created for the race. The race route will be published on the official website of the race. Any change or modification will be made public by the same means.
Each participant must follow the entire marked route, without skipping the signs and passing through all the control points.
It is strictly forbidden to receive external help or refreshments during the race outside the points provided by the Organisation: these will coincide with the official refreshment points of the race. Similarly, it is forbidden to be accompanied by other people who are not registered participants in the race.
At each refreshment point there will be a specific closing time, and it is essential to pass before the established closing time in order to be able to continue in the race.
Each refreshment point will have food and drink which will vary depending on the kilometre where it is located. Food and drink must be consumed at the refreshment post in sufficient quantity to guarantee the necessary energy reserves to be able to reach the next refreshment post, except for water, which can also be taken from the tanks and reservoirs carried by the runner.
In order to use the refreshment post it will be essential to wear the race bib.
The only vehicles allowed to follow the race will be those accredited by the Organisation. It is strictly forbidden to follow the runners in any type of motor vehicle or vehicle on wheels (skates, bicycles, etc…), and the Local Police will be expressly ordered to remove them from the circuit. A broom vehicle will be available at the tail end of the race to pick up runners who for any reason do not wish or are unable to follow the race. Runners who are not in a position to keep to the scheduled closing time for the control of the activity, following instructions from any member of the organisation, must get into the vehicle or abandon the race.
Throughout the race there will be several medical and security teams that will be coordinated with 112 by the central management of the HUEX EXTREMA.
These teams will be distributed among the different refreshment posts and the runner will be able to request their help or assistance if needed.
Random or general medical checks may be carried out at certain points. Refusal to carry out a check-up or disrespect to the doctor or assistant who requests it will result in the immediate invalidation of the race bib.
All runners will submit to the doctor’s judgement whenever he/she so requests, the assessment of the medical team taking precedence over any other, and therefore the doctors may:
- Eliminate from the race (by cancelling the race bib) any runner they consider unfit to continue.
- Order the evacuation of any runner they consider to be in danger.
- Order the hospitalisation of any runner when this is considered necessary.
Abandonments must be made at the Control Points. If, due to accident or injury, the runner is immobilised and cannot reach a checkpoint, he/she will activate the rescue operation by contacting the organisation by telephone using the Emergency Mobile Telephone.
Once at the refreshment post, the runner will communicate his/her desire to abandon the race to the person in charge of the refreshment post so that he/she can cancel his/her bib and identify him/her as having withdrawn.
It must be taken into account that only at the refreshment posts, indicated as points with RETREAT CONTROL, will there be means of transport to evacuate runners who abandon the race.
In the event that the withdrawn runner chooses to return by his own means, he must also inform the person in charge of the refreshment post of his abandonment so that the latter can cancel his bib and identify him as having withdrawn, otherwise the Organisation will consider him to be lost and will activate the rescue alarm.
In the event of bad weather conditions or force majeure, the organisers reserve the right to suspend, neutralise or modify the time slots and/or the route of the race and/or the race.
The Race Direction as well as any member of the Organisation will monitor the application of the Rules and are empowered to immediately apply the following penalties or disqualifications:
DESCRIPTION OF THE FAULT
- Failure to wear a helmet.
- Departure from the marked route even if it does not represent an important shortcut, but which takes place outside the marked route. Penalty 10 min.
- Departure from the marked course representing an important shortcut. Penalty 30 min, 1st warning. Disqualification, 2nd warning.
- Accompaniment by a person not registered for the race. Penalty 30 min, 1st warning. Disqualification 2nd warning.
- Individual assistance outside the radius of a refreshment post. Penalty 15 min, 1st warning. Disqualification 2nd warning.
- Littering on the course. Disqualification.
- Failure to assist a person in difficulty (injury, severe exhaustion, hypothermia, etc.). Disqualification and prohibition to participate in future editions.
- Failure to pass a Check Point. Disqualification.
- Refusal to undergo a medical check or an equipment check. Disqualification.
- Removing or changing the marks set by the organisation. Disqualification and prohibition to participate in future editions.
- Use of a means of transport. Passing the race bib to another runner. Disqualification and prohibition to participate in future editions.
- Abandoning the race without notifying the organisation. Disqualification and prohibition to participate in future editions.
- Failure to complete the entire route by bike in the place marked by the organisers. Disqualification.
- Failure to wear the bib number on the front of the bike and in a visible place. Warning + Disqualification.
- Spending more time than the time established by the organisers to complete the entire route, as well as exceeding the maximum time limits established for each section. Disqualification.
The organisation declines any responsibility for the deterioration, loss, theft or destruction of participants’ material during the event.
In the event of abandonment by the participant, the organisation accepts no responsibility for any possible damage that the bicycle may suffer during the transfer to the established cut-off point, with the participant supervising the securing to the broom vehicle by the operators.
The organisation is not responsible for any accident that may be the cause or victim of the participant, which must be covered by the participant’s own insurance. In the event of not having a licence, all participants must apply for the day licence provided by the Andalusian Cycling Federation.
In the event of an accident, please call the emergency telephone number on the front square. It is not possible to go to a health centre or hospital without prior notification unless it is a case of extreme urgency.
Acceptance of these Regulations obligatorily implies that the participant authorises TerraIncognita Global SL to take photographs and film their participation in any of the modalities of the HUEX EXTREMA, and gives their consent for the dissemination, commercial and advertising exploitation of all images taken during the HUEX EXTREMA, TerraIncognita Global SL reserves the exclusive right to the image of the HUEX EXTREMA, as well as the audiovisual, photographic and journalistic exploitation of the competition, without the right of the runner to receive any financial compensation. Any media or advertising project must first have the express written consent of the organisers. If this is not the case, any legal action deemed appropriate will be taken.